Blogger Widgets

Sooty the Soot Sprite

Been very busy this holiday and what a relief that Christmas came and went without a hitch. Sigh! That's one down and a New Year to go. Hehehe!

So with the New Year celebration coming up and preparations going insane, I thought to have a little pause from the chaos and make a stress-relieving Amigurumi. Well, this time I didn't use any hook. With just a good pom-pom maker (Sorry, it's in Japanese so I don't know what brand), two skeins of Raven, and some felt cloth I was able to make myself an A-dorable, cutie-patootie giant soot sprite named Sooty. You know, like the ones in the Studio Ghibli films... Specifically in My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. ^^
I don't know what brand is the pom-pom maker, but it looks like this...
It comes in a set of four different sizes: 3.5cm, 5.5cm, 7cm, and 9cm. The one I used for the soot sprite is the largest one. I bought it for Php235 in a yarn and crafts store, so it's about $5-6. Not bad huh? ^^



Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

2 Comments:

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template